tis the season

Friday, September 14, 2012

Coming Out of Hiding

Just be yourself. It sounds simple...

But what if you aren't sure that who you are is really okay? What if you've censored and adapted, become accustomed to guilt and regret, accepted that feeling less than as part of the norm?

That was 100% of who I was. When I gave myself permission to take the risk and put my writing out there for the world to see, everything changed.

What I expected was a sense of release. What I have found is that and so much more. Acceptance. Reassurance. Friendship. Thanks.

This online space brought me into a community that I would have otherwise not known. A place where God has shown me this common thread that runs through our lives as women. I hear my story and see myself reflected over and over again. These women are amazing. And through them, I can accept that He is showing me I am amazing too.

I can encourage others with my words easily. I listen and have sound advice to give. Why can I not apply those things to my life? Why can I so clearly see the worth and value of those around me, but struggle to see my own?

It all comes back to fear. I hesitated to start blogging because I was afraid of what people would think about me once it was all on display. I am afraid of failing. I am afraid of not being good enough.

But here's the thing, it really isn't about me. It's about God in me. It's about His blessings and His glory. Not my own. His mercies are new every day because I need them every day. And that's ok.

So, I'm stepping out into community and just being myself.... and the me today is better than the me I was yesterday.


"The thing I find most amazing about amazing grace is the chance to give it out. 
Isn't that what love is all about?"


No comments:

Post a Comment