tis the season

Thursday, October 25, 2012

I'm A Little Teapot


I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
Here is my handle, here is my spout.
When I get all steamed up, hear me shout.
Tip me over and pour me out.

You no doubt have heard this story before. Every one has heard about it. But did you know there is more to the story?

I'm a little teapot, come see me.
Oh how I'd love your company.
Sitting on the stove top patiently.
I wait for someone to make some tea.

I'm a little teapot, and I'll show you.
All of the things that I'd love to do.
It's what I think of the whole day through.
Now let me share my dreams with you.

In the verses that follow, the teapot takes us to places she dreams of going and shares the adventures she dreams of having. Who knew that the teapot had so much that she longed to share?

Maybe it's that way for you too.

Maybe God has put a dream in your heart that you haven't given a voice to just yet. Like me.

People think they know your story because they've heard it so many times before,

But they don't really know the rest of the story. And, truth be told, neither do we.

The Author of our lives is still writing our story.

There are twists and turns, adventures and outcomes that we can't even think of.

He will take us to places and use us in ways that we never saw coming.

So remember, sweet friend, that there is more to your story.

You are more than the sum of your past mistakes.

You are meant for so much more than your mind can comprehend.

You are His masterpiece to share with the world.


The teapot pictured above is on clearance at  Dayspring for $8.49!

*"I'm a Little Teapot" as told by Iza Trapani.

4 comments:

  1. Love this! :) What an awesome read to start the day with!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, how did you know what I've been thinking the last few days? I know there is more to my story than I know. I'm an unemployed teacher (the reasons why I no longer teach make for a LONG story), but I am trying to "find myself" again--at the age of 54. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up! Anyway, I am feeling God nudging me toward something new, something different, perhaps even greater.

    My real dream: I want to be a photographer--a professional. . . . I'd love to be able to sustain my addiction to photography by being paid to do it. (I just don't have the courage to "put myself out there," as my son Aaron tells me to do.

    I have a photography-related blog, too, The Seeing Eye (http://photojournalseeingeye.blogspot.com).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have a similar addiction! We must make time to swap stories soon. :-)

      Just by saying those thoughts out loud, you are putting yourself out there. It takes courage and trust to go where your heart leads. And it seems to me you are doing just that.

      Delete